Friday, April 16, 2010

Puppy!!!

Hey All,
I wanted to post some pictures of our neighbor's new puppy. He is a dalmatian/black lab mix and I admit that I am head over heels in love with the little guy. I call him Junior. Just random Abby trivia, big dogs are the best animal ever created! Then I also love cats and horses. Snakes are the worst. I don't understand how people can hate dogs because I'm convinced they're God's gift to us humans. I sincerely praise the Lord for dogs. Where would we be without them?






In other news, I got a letter from the college I applied to today. They said that since I don't have a declared major, I can't get financial aid. So I'm thinking over different things and also praying. Do I just want to go to college to save money because I don't think God is able to provide? The other morning, I was reading in Luke 12. Just prior to this I had been complaining to God about this whole Mexico thing and lacking faith so much. He gave me these verses anyway:

Verses 22-34 "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? ...Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothes the grass which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, of how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith? And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added to you... Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Such a needful reminder for me! Why is it that I can't learn my lesson the first time God teaches it to me? Please be praying that I will be discerning as to what the Lord wants for my life.

I hope you are all blessed tonight. Espero que tengas un buen noche. Cuidate hermanos!

1 comment: