Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Special Talents?

Lately, I've been struggling with the fact that I don't have a college degree or any "claim to fame" as of now. It's humbling because how can God use me if I don't have a degree in something? Most mission boards require at least a year of bible school which is good. But right now, I don't feel the Lord leading me in that direction. So now what?

This Sunday I skipped Sunday school because I have a nasty cold. It was nice actually to really focus on the Lord. During my personal devotions I was reading in 1 Corinthians 1 and the last few verses of the chapter really caught my eye beginning with verse 26:
"For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble are called. But God has chosen the FOOLISH things of the world to PUT TO SHAME the wise, and God has chosen the WEAK things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised GOD HAS CHOSEN, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence--- that, as it is written 'He who glories, let him glory in the Lord'."

How cool is that? The Lord does use people with doctorates but He also uses people who can't even read or write. There is a saying "God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called". What a comfort! If He has called us to do something, He will enable us to complete it.


For the picture of the day, I thought I'd include one of Nathan and the team crowded around a map of Chiapas. He was showing us where he is already working and how many more people groups there are to be reached.

The need is huge for people to commit to taking the Gospel to the ends of the earth. People NEED to hear the Gospel. And it's not an option of whether or not to share. Jesus commands us to Go to the uttermost parts of the earth with the Gospel. Just some food for thought.

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote..."God doesn't call the qualified. He qualifies the called." I've never heard it before, but it's absolutely true!
    LocaChica
    Oh..and chica, don't think for one second that you are creatively and uniquely gifted and talented..because you are!! God has blessed you with a compassionate heart, and a great talent for writing and those are just the first two that came to mind from ME, a person who barely even knows you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LocaChica!!!! It's great to hear from you again! I'd love to get in contact. Send me an email at pngbound9@aol.com if you want.

    ReplyDelete