Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!!!

Today was a bittersweet day for our family. It was a wonderful day to celebrate and recognize our mom but it was also the last Mother's Day as just our family of six because in three short weeks, my sister Katy is getting married to her fiancee Jason. Three short weeks and our lives will change forever! How quickly our family has come to this point. It seems like just yesterday we were playing make believe in the woods, or swinging on our swing set in the front yard, or playing capture the flag with our friends. Sometimes I think that growing up isn't all it's cracked up to be.

To celebrate, we went to church of course since it's Sunday then grilled steaks. Today was the first really nice day all year with the temperatures reaching into the mid-sixties. A real NY heat wave! Then we went to the park and hiked up and down hills and through a swamp. A real adventure!

I am so thankful for my mom. We may not see eye to eye on everything but I love her dearly and would gladly die for her. She is an amazing woman and I hope to be like her when I have kids of my own.

I hope you all had a blessed day. To all you moms out there: You are my champions. Keep up the good work!

Us girls trying to get a good group picture


It didn't work so well :) Dad was making us laugh...


Mom, Dad, and Katy


Danny was trying to teach me something. All I can say is epic fail :)


My sisters and me


Dad and Danny goofing off on a random log


Hiking back to the van after our adventure

1 comment:

  1. It was such an amazing day! I love you so much and even though a chapter in our lives is closing with me getting married and you going to Mexico another one is just beginning and it can be even better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete