I thought I'd post this since it seems like a fun, get to know me better thing. My blogger friend Adria (aka Loca Chica) awarded me the Pure In Heart award. I'm honored but also slightly ashamed. If only you all could see what my heart really looks like, you'd be sick and shocked and horrified. BUT I am a sinner saved by grace! Praise the Lord for this.
Here are the rules: If you are tagged: 1) Post about the tag 2) Pick 10 bloggers who deserve this award. 3) Leave a comment on the blogs of the people you tagged letting them know they were awarded.4) Answer the questions along with your post
1) Apples, Oranges or Bananas? I absolutely LOVE oranges. Bananas are amazing too. Especially when they're fresh off the banana tree. :)
2) How many siblings do you have? I have 3 siblings. They are amazing. I don't always like them but I LOVE them and would die for them in a heart beat. Katy is 19, Jenny is almost 17 and Danny is 15. We're all close in age too which is even more fun!
3) How old are you? 18
4) Do you live on a woodland, swamp, city, or other? Country!!! Western NY is amazing especially this time of year with all the different shades of green. I love where I live!
5) Scissors or glue? I guess scissors but why does it matter?
6) Describe your dream house: I would love to live somewhere like Mexico but I'm not gonna lie and say "Oh yeah, mud floors and tin roofs are what I dream of!" 'cause that's not true. But if that's what God calls me to then I will go willingly. I love colonial houses or a house like my Grandma Kelley's, big and homey.
7) Is your room clean? Well, I am in the midst of spring cleaning and rearranging furniture so it's not TECHNICALLY clean at the moment but it's getting there. It always gets messier before it gets cleaner! :)
8) If you could be a movie character for a day, who would you be? Hmm, tough question. I'd have to say Susan from Narnia series.
9) Italy, Greece, France, Spain or England? Can I put all 5? I so want to travel the world and see ALL these places!!!
10) What denomination are you? I am a follower of Jesus Christ who is my Savior. I don't put too much stock in denominations but my family happens to go to an Independent Baptist church.
11) Do you sleep with a stuffed toy (BE HONEST!!!!) Sometimes I sleep with a black lab stuffed dog. No, I don't need her to get to sleep or anything, I just like wrapping my arms around something whether it's a pillow or extra blanket. I haven't slept with her in about a year though :)
12) Gum, chocolate, or jelly beans? Sugarless gum. Especially Extra's. It's the best! I go through many packs a month.
13) What is your favorite book? Aside from the Bible I like reading Dee Henderson, Janette Oke, and Beverly Lewis books. Also, Francine Rivers Atonement Child and Last Sin Eater are amazing as well.
14) Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. It's the best! That's one of the food items I missed the most while in PNG. Their ice cream just isn't the same...
15) If you had to eat one type of food for two weeks, what would that food be? Salad. Not just with iceberg lettuce but with good lettuce and tomatoes, chicken, cheese, peppers, carrots, croutons, and lots of other yummy salad stuff.
16) What is your favorite Olympic sport? I LOVE watching ice skating. Especially couples. It's so beautiful to me.
17) If you woke up and discovered that you had turned into Miley Cyrus for the day, what would you do? Travel to some exotic place I guess. I'm not really sure...
18) Describe yourself in three words: Shy, stubborn, funny.
19) What do you hate? Sin. My sin to be precise. Also snakes are the worst thing ever invented!!!! And I hate it when people are mean to my family.
20) If Elmo came into your room with a gun, what would you do? Um, not really sure. Probably pinch myself to see if I was dreaming :)
I'm not sure I'll be able to give out 10 awards because I don't know that many people yet but here are some of the awards:
My big sister, Katy Dee at 110% Surrendered. I love you SO much even though I don't act like it alot of times.
Loca Chica (aka Adria) It's been a joy getting to know you. Praying for you!
My former PNG roomie, Jasmine at Beautiful Feet. Good times fo shizzle! Love and praying for you!
Amanda at Borders Aside. Your story inspires me so much. Thanks.
My new friend Sarah (aka Loquita) at Just One Girl. I'm looking forward to adventures with you my dear! :)
And last but not least to my friend Marie at Quiet Thoughts. Our friendship has grown since I've known you. I miss working with you and love you!
Here's the picture of the day: This is me and my darling boy, Dominic. He is 6 years old. I met him about a year and a half ago and he has me wrapped around his little finger. He's such a joy. This picture was taken last summer when his family came over for a picnic. He climbed up in my lap for pictures. I think I might have been tickling him :) Have I ever mentioned that I absolutely adore latino kids. They are SO adorable.
Anyhoo, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Stay warm and remember to wish your moms happy Mothers day. I'm so blessed to have my amazing mom. Love her!
The Many Smiles Of Georgie - 8 Months Old - These month markers keep getting away from me - Georgie turned 8 months old two weeks ago! *Eating and Growth* This baby girl loves her solid foods. W...
1 day ago