Sunday, May 9, 2010

Conviction...

Hey All,
I came across a video from a friend's Facebook page and had to share it with all of you. This video is incredibly convicting for me. Last summer, I went on a trip to Papua New Guinea. During that time, I met people who's parents and grandparents died without ever hearing the Gospel. All my life I have sat through dozens of missionary presentations. I have heard dozens of stories about people dying without hearing the Gospel. But to look into the faces of people whose parents died before hearing the Gospel was heartbreaking. The reality of the need for laborers in God's harvest hit me. People are DYING without ever hearing the name of Jesus and here in our comfortable lives, we use His name as a swear word. How sick is that?

I firmly believe that it is not an option to be a missionary. If you do not believe you are "called" to the foreign field then you had better be working wherever God has you. I am not meaning to sound like I'm better than you because I am not. Just because I have gone on a missions trip does not make me holier than you at all. Coming home from PNG, I struggled with feelings of resentment towards the American church. We who have had the Gospel for hundreds of years yet there are still how many unreached people in the world? I am not resentful anymore, just sad for the lack of laborers for His harvest. People are dying EVERY DAY without ever hearing Jesus' wonderful name.

If you are not called to go to the foreign field, do everything you can to support those who are. Whether it be praying (the most important tool of all) or giving monetarily. I know this probably sounds like I am asking for money for me but I am not in any way meaning it to be that. As of now, there are no definite plans for trips anywhere. I'm just trying to point out the need for support of missionaries here at home.

This is a picture of me with 4 precious bible leaders. At least one of these said that their parents or grandparents died without ever hearing the Gospel. Heartbreaking for sure. Why have we not done something? Jesus commanded us to "Go into ALL the world and preach the Gospel to every kingdom." So far, we've reached not very far with the Gospel.

But we can be and are part of the solution! We are laborers in God's harvest. "Look unto the fields for they are WHITE UNTO HARVEST."

I might not be the most popular gal after this post and if I came across as proud, I truly am sorry. I don't mean to be. This topic is so close to my heart though. Listen to the Lord's leading in your life. Seek Him and don't pray for opportunities to share Him, pray for the courage to take the opportunities He sends our way. Dios te bendiga mucho hoy. Cuidate!

1 comment:

  1. Great post!! It seems like a lot of Christians today treat the Great Commission(Matthew 28:19-20) like a suggestion, not a command. It is a command!
    LocaChica

    ReplyDelete